• Participant in the South Carolina department of Education’s Program of Alternative Certification for Educators (PACE) will complete June 2016
• Clemson University, Bachelor of Science in Administrative Management with a Computer Science emphasis, cum laude, May 1985
• Broome High School Teacher: August 2015 - present
Instruct students in grades 9 to 12 in Microsoft Office products
• Daniel Morgan Technology Center Business Education Teacher: January 2012 – June 2015
Instruct students in grades 9 to 12 in Microsoft Office products, small business development, fundamentals of business, and leadership. Facilitated a project based learning experience where my small business development class developed and ran a business called Grab and Go.
• Broome High School Instructional Specialist: August 2011 – May 2013
Plan and implement lessons which target basic skills in language arts and math for students who have not passed the high school exit exam. Utilize interpersonal skills and knowledge to tutor students in preparation for the GED. Supervise students in the Academic Reinforcement Center. Utilize software to track attendance, monitor students' computer activity, and to perform routine tasks. Mentor students through an advisee/advisor class. Serve on a committee to develop mentoring program.
• Spartanburg School District 3 Substitute Teacher: Spring 2009 – August 2011
Instructed students in all grade levels, but concentrated in grades 3 – 5 and in math and science, from lesson plans provided by the primary teacher.
• Home school Teacher: August 2002 – May 2008
Developed and taught curriculum for grades 3 – 8.
• The Pampered Chef Consultant and Director: 1999 - 2002
Developed an in-home direct sales business through the Pampered Chef. Held home demonstrations instructing guests on the use of kitchen products and food presentation. Utilized Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher to manage and promote the business.
• NationsBank and its various predecessors (now known as Bank of America): June 1985 – Nov. 1994
• Vice President in Trust Compliance – Worked with Senior Management ensuring compliance with state and federal laws for Personal Trust in South and North Carolina, Employee Benefits, IRAs, and Corporate Trust in South Carolina, and Closely Held Businesses nationally. Participated in strategic planning, account reviews, and consolidation projects. Developed policies and procedures and conducted subsequent training on these procedures.
• Assistant Vice President in Personal Trust Division – Created and marketed a program to educate employees being laid off from companies on how to manage their 401K benefits. Collaborated with various bank departments on solicitation of business and referral of subsequent individual retirement accounts. Conducted seminars at companies for the effected employees.
• Completed various projects as assigned by Senior Management – Attended system training conducted by the new system provider. Developed the training manual from this training and subsequently taught SC employees. Completed the Will file review and update by contacting clients, verifying information, and updating the computer system.
• Employee Benefits Specialist – Worked with Employee Benefit salespeople to provide education to employees of companies to whom employee accounts were sold.
• SC Cash Management Product Manager – Served as liaison between cash management sales staff and operational staff for cash management products. Worked on conversion team for the North and South Carolina banks. Attended conferences representing the bank and its products.
• SC Cash Management Analyst – Created presentations for the sales staff to send to clients based on ideas they discussed or to be sent in response to request for proposals.
• Branch Bank Auditor, Bank Officer – Conducted audits of branch banks and bank operation departments. Worked on a bank conversion team with Operations department.
Business, Marketing or Computer Technology